Sunday, February 5

ALMOST done before & after Buffet hutch

I have been working FOREVER on this dang thing and now that I am almost done I am so excited.  So excited in fact that I am posting this for my mom, because she came up and helped me when I had a "breakdown".  Actually Emily my sister informed her I was having a "breakdown" and came up 2x to help!  I have the best Mom in the world!  A breakdown over a buffet hutch?  Well it really runs deeper than that.  It is that I feel the need to start and finish something for my home.  I don't care if I drive a brown station wagon and live in a tent as long as I have my Pottery Barn linens (with some one else's initials on them) and my Pottery Barn decorated home/tent ;).  That is what I love and love and love.  Decorating.  So this buffet has traveled from Tennessee (my brother David's) to Virginia, where we lived, then it came back to Utah with us.  Terry has put up a decent fight over this piece of "crap" (pardon the french).  But it has turned out SOOOOOO nice.  Here are some in-between pics.  It is not done, obviously, but with life as crazy as it is, no project gets done in one big sweep!  NO PROJECT!  It drives me crazy really.  Although I have been crazy for quite some time now, so that is no new surprise ;)  Anyway, I will tell more on the FINAL post.  (Mom and Emily, I hope you are having so much fun in Florida.  Emily good luck on your delivery of your sweet baby, love you!  

Before and Almost After
I have the other things in the garage drying from the last coat of urethane.  I learned  A LOT about urethan.  I learned a lot I should have known BEFORE I did it.  Knowing is 1/2 that battle.  Knowing that 1/2 before the battle is the other 1/2 of the battle.  The piece below used to look like the entertainment center in the following photo.  I just stained and urethaned.  ha ha ha.  I am totally a poet!  And put on some awewome hardware from Hobby Lobby.  Considering how awesome it looks, guess what is going to happen to the entertainment center....


Happy last days of winter everyone!  (Cooke City MT)

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! That looks really nice! Great job! So...how about coming and decorating my house now!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! I love the knobs on that side table. I'll call you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete