Some might wonder why I would admit to this, or share a story this embarassing. Well, because.... I don't know, maybe it will make someone else feel a little more normal, or just have a good laugh, or a really good laugh. However, I feel like my story must be told. Because, I do stupid things all the time, and..... well..... if your having a rough day, just think, "it could have been worse". Here we go with my story about the "pee toast".
About a year ago, Anson had an awful diaper rash, (desitin and nystatin weren't working), so the next quickest way to heal a diaper rash is to let the kid "air dry".
This is "air drying"
This is not necessarily medically proven but it has always worked for my kids when medicine didn't. Anyway, Ashlyn (7) was up on the cupboard with Anson (8 mo) and I was making lunch for all the kids.
This is the cupboard (I look like I am very tired, but I am making something cute)
Mind you, I was pregnant with morning sickness and just trying to survive. Literally, morning sickness is brutal to me, especially in the brain cell area. And remember, Anson is "air drying out". These are the events that followed.
These are kids #1#2#3 
1. Kid #2 spills his cup of water, I clean it up.
2. Kid #3 eats 1/2 a piece of honey toast and tosses the rest on the counter by child #4 who is under 1 year old and cannot have honey yet.
3. Mom grabs the toast and shoves it in 1 huge bite into her huge pregnant mouth.
4. Mom realizes as she swallows that the honey toast is really soggy. Gross. and she thinks "I guess I didn't cleans up the spilled water all the way".
5. Mom returns to preparing a healthy lunch and #1 laughs and says "Anson peed". She is not saying this to mom, but to her sister. "Anson peed on your toast, Elle".
6. Mom turns around, and #4 is sitting in a pile of pee.
7. Mom puts two and two together which is rare for mom during pregnancy.
8. Mom wishes she hadn't put two and two together.
9. This is Mom and Dad kissing
10. Dad was finally told about this today, which is why I remember the story and decided to share it with all of you ;)
Oh my gosh, that is SO hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI am laughing so hard! And that's good, because I was planning on something involving a machine gun because of this weather!!! Now I feel much better. You saved me! hee hee. Thanks for a laugh on a rainy day!
Oh my heck Julia that is so funny! I will never look at toast the same way!
ReplyDeleteI'm still laughing. Can I please put a link to this story on my blog?
ReplyDeleteYou are more than welcome to put a link. I just might share more stories :)
ReplyDeleteHahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Oh the joys of being a mom. Remind me to tell you my poop adventures sometime. Only the strong and the brave survive the mommyhood.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I need more details. Could you taste the pea? Did you get sick afterward? Am I disgusting for wanting to know?
ReplyDelete