I am so thankful for a Mothers Day. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a mother 5x over. I read a post by my cousin Circe about her husband and I thought I ought to take her example and proclaim my love for the man who made me a mother. Terry J, Terry the Two year old, Darling Dearest, Sugar Pie, My "Neighborhood Sweetheart" (that was the leftover spiderman valentine I gave him 2 years ago and didn't notice the message on it. we got a good laugh about it and still do.) Tonight he said he would read his book by me while I watched a rerun of "Roswell" on Netflix because sometimes I like to imagine I am still a teenager. It was very sweet of him. But when the kids were finally in bed he jumped onto our bed. Since harassing him is one of my favorite things to do I jumped on top of him (don't get any idea's, we do still flirt). It was so nice to be alone together to cuddle, flirt and talk. We realized that we haven't cuddled in a week (other than in bed with our feet intertwined at bedtime). And we were about to miss the opportunity. Of course now I am on the laptop and he is reading . Anyway, I love Terry with all my heart. He is such a great man. I told him on our 12th honeymoon last weekend that he took me on that I was so proud of the man he has become and for not trying to stay young. He is such a great father and so loving and forgiving of me and the kids. I even accidentally spilled a cup of water all over him tonight at dinner and he just started laughing. (there was something on the bottom of it so I tipped it over to see what it was and oops, it was full of water!) After 12 years we are fat, bald, out of style, and go to bed exhausted. We get little time with each other alone, life is crazy and yet I love him the most I ever have and I feel loved more than I ever have. (not to make my life look perfect, I am pretty sure I swore at him in my head the other day and thought "where did that word come from?!") Anyway, I am thankful that he has been by my side through this whole motherhood thing and that he loves it as much as I do. I love my beautiful children and I am thankful that my Heavenly Father has allowed me to be a mother. I am thankful to the women who raised my Mom, my Dad, and my Husband. Because of these incredible women I have been blessed and inspired and loved by these incredible people. My cup runneth over, Happy Mothers Day!

This is us at the Ogden Temple, we did initiatorys the day before they shut it down for a remodel.
Terry Bringing Lawson home
All my men
(Terry just saw this picture and said "did you take that in the middle of the night? what is wrong with you?") ha ha ha A lot of things are wrong with me ;) ha ha ha
That is our Best / Friends pizza. I ate one half, he ate the other. Yep I'm a dork.
Isn't he Sexy? (wait, my mom reads this blog, should I use that word?)
Our most updated family picture. Easter 2011
I love you Mom and Dad!
I love you Linda, thank you for raising such a wonderful son!
I love you Terry.
I am the luckiest woman in the world.
Happy Mothers day to me!
oh you write the cutest things. You need to send me an updated family picture! I so love you beautiful blonde family! I spend a lot of money to get my hair close to that color of course then I darken it. You dumping water on Terry had me laughing and to be honest I have totally done the same thing. I also take pics of Michael while he is sleeping and snuggling Olivia.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! Terry is definitely a catch! I have you on my sidebar. Is that OK? I am over my 72 hour kit thing for awhile. I assembled one for my mom for Mothers Day with first aid supplies, water, food. Just some basics. But now the whole idea makes me tired. Let me get back to you on that! You have so much energy! I love your cute kids. I have a very late gift for Lawson in my car right now. I hope he doesn't grow out of it before I send it! I kinda missed his arrival :)
ReplyDelete