Wednesday, March 9

Frozen Dinner Club

Frozen Dinner Club - Here's how it works.  Every month, say the 2nd Wednesday of each month you meet at the same time, the same place.  You are supposed to spend between $70 - $90.  And make an effort to buy items on sale (especially meat).  Everyone, usually 10 people all make 10 of the meal they are making.  So say I make 10 Chicken Broccolli casseroles.    Then we meet, and exchange with each other.  So I go home with 10 different freezer meals.  (Some of it is refrigerated stuff so you eat it first) You are also supposed to provide the recipe to each meal given, along with suggestions of what to serve with that meal.  Since making my casserole didn't cost $70 or was around it, I also bought fridge biscuits, and a small snickers for the mom to eat in the car.  (Terry thought that was weird, but I am weird) and I was under the $90 still.  So this is what it looks like. 


This is awesome if you have a group of ladies willing to do.  And it is so nice not to think about what to make for dinner 1/3 of the month.

2 comments: