My home is usually a clean home. Really, it is. My messiest day is hopefully cleaner than a lot of others normal day. And with that said, read on...
I was cleaning the kitchen and saw 2 tin lunch boxes, Elle's and Ansons. So Elle's goes to the top of the stairs and Anson's I start carrying to his room. It feels heavier than I would assume so I open it and..... AHHHHHHHH! MAGGOTTTTTSSSSS! Tis the season right? Oh my,
Thoughts in my head...
1. Who the heck would do this? This is thought with my teeth clenched.
2. This is absolutely disgusting I am moving out
3. How long has this been in here?
4. Oh, my gosh, they are moving, THEY ARE MOVING!!!
Thoughts currently in your head...
1. What kind of mother and house keeper is she
2. I am never going into her house again
3. Glad I didn't marry her
4. Julia, Julia, Julia......(shaking your head while saying this out load in front of your computer)
5. Why would she share this. Publicly. Seriously. Julia, Julia, Julia....
Look how innocent Anson's lunch box is...
Yeah, not so innocent Elmo....
Our Beautiful Friend and Baby Sitter in the Peach Days Pageant
Terry making salsa, on of our favorite treats!
Elle brought me a flower from my neglected flower beds :)
Terry grilling fish that the kids caught
Way too much fun!
Roasting Marshmallows by our fire pit
Aiden doing some kung foo thing. The big trough in the back holds our firewood. I saw it out in a farmers field and found out who the farmer was and asked him if I could buy it from him. He gave me a weird look and asked what I was going to use it for, it was rusted out. He gave it to me! Awesome huh? I need to put some type of decoration on it, either a vinyl Y for BYU or in red "Andersen est 1999". What do you think? And the grape vine on the right is actually a start from my parents house! How cool is that?!
Painting Gourds.
Anson had to be "confined" when handling paint!
Notice there are only 3 instead of 4 gourds? That is because Anson ended up throwing his from the high chair and it broke open and all the innards came out.
Ansons first experience with the water dispenser. There is a big puddle on the floor. He was laughing so hard til I came... ha ha ha
Willard Bay Pirate festival. My new boyfriend!
Minute to Win it for FHE. You have to get the Oreo from your forehead to your mouth without touching it.
I have the cutest kids in the world! Look at those muscles!
Lawson in the back of the golf cart.
BYU Game
Cookie Dough!!!!!! Straight to his thighs I tell ya!
Notice how happy he is here? He is here 90% of the time I am cooking in the kitchen. And yes, he probably pees in the sink. Welcome to my life.
Not so happy here. Ya know those toy things they make for kids? HE HATES THEM! Hate is a mild word for this situation. "MOM SAVE ME"
Terry with the boys at a BYU game.
Aidens awesome Lego creations. They are all over my house.
Grandma DeBry cut the kids squares for quilts so we made them during conference. Their first sewing project ever!
I just want to brag about my melons. lol. no really at the top is my basil, which grows great every year, but the watermelon and cantaloupe? It takes real skill to grow a "single serving" melon! I happen to have those awesome skills. Although, you should see my grasshoppers! They are bigger than these! They could eat you!
Really they are so cute, and some are actually good!
More sewing during conference
Elle's quilt
Elle on picture day. She is so beautiful
Look at those rolls! He is soooooooo cute!
Elle and I made an apple pie on Sunday. Don't let this picture fool you, I was out of patience and my kitchen a mess by the end of this. Notice the lunch boxes in the background? The middle one is "the one" or "the Elmo lunchbox" This is the night before their death.
Tis the season right????
Love it! The fact that you aren't perfect makes me like you even more!!
ReplyDeleteBriahna (Brian's wife)
Cute pictures Julia! I love to see and hear all your family has been up to. Even if it involves maggots. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the update! I think you're practically perfect, as Nana would say. I'm glad there were maggots in your lunch box because I know what a great housekeeper you are and it makes me feel better that you can't control the chaos 100% either! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteyeah...I cut open a potato the other day to make dinner...before I cut it, it felt kinda funny, a little light and when I shook it, it kinda felt weird. I cut it open and it was hollow and FILLED with maggots...like a PILE of them fell out on the counter!! I totally loved this post!
ReplyDeleteI love you Julia! You are so great! I LOVED seeing all the pictures:) Miss you.
ReplyDeleteThere are no words....just "I miss you".
ReplyDelete